It's not uncommon to be asked what we, as professional travel experts, can do for the would-be traveler to warrant engaging us in the planning of your trip. From time to time we cover this topic, and in this post, we thought we'd focus on one desintation, Spain, and look at this question from that destination's perspective. So here's six options we offer the discerning traveler in Spain, if not in many other destinations, too.
- Active/Adventure travel. We can make arrangements for private biking trips in the Costa Brava or Pyrenees regions, ranging from 2 to 7 days, including a private guide that will be with you from start to finish. Or we can arrange unique hiking itineraries with a guide in the Basque country, some of the most beautiful terrain in the Iberian Peninsula.
- Culinary travel. There are a wide range of food+wine related experiences available in Spain, including a cooking class with a Michelin-starred chef to create your own dish/menu; private cooking classes in places such as Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, Seville, or food shopping at Madrid and Barcelona's top markets - followed by a cooking class with freshly bought ingredients. We can set up a visit to the famed restaurants of San Sebastian, a city with more Michelin starred restaurants in Europe per square mile than Paris.
- Private access. We can arrange visits to private homes, palaces, and castles in places like Toledo, Madrid, Costa del Sol, Barcelona, Andalucia and beyond. You can, if you wish, meet local personalities such as artists, architects, scholars, photographers, chefs, craftsmen, and fashion designers - at their homes or places of work. We can also arrange for private visits to the Prado and Thyssen Bornemisza Museums in Madrid, in the company of an expert.
- Archaelogical travel. Another opportunity would be a special visit to the Atapuerca caves near Burgos (North of Madrid) to get up close and personal to this Unesco World Heritage Site which has the earliest human remains in Europe.
- Cultural Immersion travel. Perhaps you'd care for some flamenco lessons, learn how to paint and fire ceramic tile, or take Spanish lessons.
- Top Notch Guides. Our in-country partners in Spain have cultivated top guides to enhance your visit and experience. The guides are invariably knowledgeable, fun to be with, professional, prompt, and filled with information and advice - whether for half a day excursions or an entire week or touring.
We look forward to enriching your travels... in Spain or anywhere you wish to go.
The TravelStore Experts