Bordeaux, France - Urbanites, history buffs, and oenophiles alike hail Bordeaux for its 18th-century elegance and modern style. We've been calling attention to Bordeaux after a nearly decade long upgrade of infrastructure improvements, and as being recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage site for its vast Enlightenment-era urban core. Bordeaux - second only to Paris in its number of protected buildings - now boasts a sleek tramway, a revamped pedestrian-friendly center, and a glorious riverfront. Its newest star, La Cité du Vin is the latest gem in to its crown.
We've combined Bordeaux with a self-drive to the Dordogne region and a short stay in Chantilly before returning home. A perfect combination of town and country French elegance reflecting "La joie de vie" at its best.
Package Pricing Includes:
• Private transfer on arrival to Bordeaux
• 3 nights' in Bordeaux at the Hôtel De Sèze, Jr Suite
• Private Historical Walking Tour of Bordeaux - 2 Hr
• Dinner reservations in Bordeaux, see Bordeaux dining to the right
• Grand Cru Chateau & St Emilion village Tour (max. 8 pax) - 4.5 Hr
• 3 days rental car, compact, automatic, A/C
• 2 nights in Dordogne at the Château des Vigiers, Deluxe room
• Dinner reservations at "Les Fresques" at the Chateau des Vigiers
• Self-guided tour of Gardens of Marqueyssac on way to Sarlat
• Lunch Reservation at "Le Bistrot" in Sarlat prior to tour
• Small shared tour of Villages of the Dordogne (max. 8 pax) - 4.5 Hr
• 1 night in Smith Haut-Lafitte at Les Sources de Caudalie, Prestige room
• Dinner reservations at "La Grand'Vigne"
• Private transfer from CDG to hotel in Chantilly
• 2 nights' in Chantilly at Auberge du Jeu de Paume, Deluxe room
• Dinner reservations at "La Table du Connétable"
• Private tour of the Domaine de Chantilly - 2 Hr
• Dinner reservations at "Le Jardin d'Hiver"
• Private transfer on departure from Chantilly hotel to CDG
• Eurobound hotel amenities - breakfast & VAT
(*) Land Only Package - Price per person is based on double occupancy and subject to availability. Price quotes for land arrangements are subject to increase without notice. However, once we have received your deposit, land prices are locked and guaranteed in USD. Price does not include intra-Europe air between Bordeaux and Paris.
Day 1: Bordeaux arrival
Day 2: Bordeaux private 1/2-day walking historical tour
Day 3: Bordeaux excursion 1/2-day St Emilion small shared tour
Day 4: Bordeaux to Dordogne
Day 5: Dordogne excursion Gardens of Marqueyssac & 1/2-day Villages of Dordogne small shared tour
Day 6: Dordogne to Smith Haut-Lafitte - vineyards near Bordeaux
Day 7: Air from Bordeaux to Chantilly via Paris
Day 8: Chantilly private tour of the Chateau
Day 9: Depart Chantilly to airport for flight home or beyond
A detailed itinerary is available on request. Plus, the option to customize.