TravelStore “Share Your Travel Story” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void Where Prohibited.
1. Eligibility: The TravelStore "Share Your Travel Story” Sweepstakes is open to only those legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who meet the eligibility requirements. Employees of TravelStore, and any of their affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to win a prize. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: TravelStore, Inc., 11601 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90025.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Share Your Travel Story Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Thursday, March 10, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Friday, April 29, 2016 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer clock is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may at its discretion shift the Sweepstakes Period and/or any terms of the Sweepstakes and post notice of shift online at the TravelStore Facebook Page (facebook.com/tsvacations).
5. How to Participate:
Creating a Submission
Participants will go to http://travels.travelstore.com/collector/tsapp/tsq to enter the Sweepstakes. When prompted, participants will select to share their Share Your Story Experience and will follow instructions through the Share Your Story Experience website. Participants must enter a valid email address to participate. (Emails are not sold or shared with any other party.) Participants may upload a picture of their Share Your Story travels if desired, but a picture is not required to enter.
Depending on the size of your photo, your connection, Internet traffic and other circumstances, your submission upload time may take several minutes to complete. Please use good taste, keep photos free of obscenity or indecent material. Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or any of its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor associates. Sponsor reserves the right to monitor and will monitor or screen entries and delete, if required in its sole discretion. By entering, you acknowledge that your entry may be posted on the Sponsor’s Website(s) or other media pages, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any photo you submit. Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the entries in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Online entries that are not in accordance with these Official Rules as stated herein or are not received during the Sweepstakes Period will be ineligible. Entries cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than TravelStore and its affiliates and represented partners, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from any third party who appears in the entry or whose name, likeness, voice or other proprietary right is used in the entry, if any; and (f) that publication of the entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Entities from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose entry includes photographs, likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including use by Sponsor(s) of such entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize. Any entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled entries are not eligible. In the event of an identity dispute, entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used for entry. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable. For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to TravelStore upon request. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including copyright, are not eligible. High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable. Digital photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per experience submission. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized email account holder will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each participant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: The winning submission will be selected at random between May 2, 2016 and May 6, 2016 at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Employees or affiliates of TravelStore, or of its supplier partners, are not eligible to win. There is no right to appeal.
THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL HE/SHE SATISFIES ALL REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential winner will be notified by email between May 2, 2016 and May 10, 2016. If the potential winner does not respond until after May 31, 2016, or does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Acceptance of any portion of the prize shall constitute and signify winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. The potential winner may be required to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release of Liability within 30 days of notification. Once the executed Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release of Liability is received, winner has two months to claim the prize package. Failure to return all required forms within 30 days or to comply with any other provision may result in the winner being disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
8. Prize: The winner will win their choice the following “Share Your Travel Story” Prizes:
GoPro HERO3: Silver Edition OR
A $500 Vacation Travel Voucher - redeemable for a vacation package booked with TravelStore (The TravelStore Voucher excludes airfare-only bookings and can be used toward payment of cruise, tour package or hotel accommodations and has no cash value).
Total Value Prize Package: Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): USD $253.98. We will be buying the GoPro from Amazon or a comparable retailer: http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHN-301-HERO3-Silver-Edition/dp/B009PK9S90
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
Winners are responsible for all Federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
NOTE: There is no claim to cash payment.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of participant's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. In the event that Sponsor makes use of the license granted to it by non-winning participants, then such participants consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of participant's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for identification and/or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. Warranties and Representations: Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 11, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
11. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law. Depending upon the law of your country of residence, this release may not apply to claims against Sponsor, its representatives and its vicarious agents for damages because of personal injury or death, and to claims for damages in case of intent or gross negligence by Sponsor, its representatives or vicarious agents.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds: a) to be tampering with the entry and/or submission processes or the operation of the Sweepstakes; b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion; or c) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the United States and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum.
16. Winners List: For an Official Winner List, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after May 15, 2016 with the sweepstakes name in the subject line.