Welcome, 2019. You’ve probably taken down your holiday decorations by now. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a few days away, and Valentine's Day arrives a few weeks afterwards. As the new year and its holidays march forward, have you stopped to think: where should I go on my next vacation? Never fear! The travel experts at TravelStore did the work for you. We’re proud to present the top ten destinations for 2019. These ten destinations are resonating with experienced travelers who are seeking unique and authentic cultural, culinary, or active experiences. You may read a list of the destinations below or access the same information, supplemented with destination-specific pictures, in our interactive map. Click the globe to access the interactive map, or keep reading!
- Patagonia: "It is harder every year to explore parts of our planet untouched by humans. The Patagonia Region of Argentina and Chile, in southern South America, still has that result," according to Hilton Smith, a TravelStore travel expert. Patagonia provides visitors a wealth of natural beauty, and it is a must for every traveler's bucket list. Read more about Hilton's experiences in Patagonia here.
- Bolivia: "Clients can see the Tiwanaku Ruins, visit the Bolivian Salt Flats near Uyuni, and visit Lake Titicaca, the highest lake in the world and South America's largest lake," according to TravelStore Travel Expert Tracey Kleber. Whether you visit La Paz, Isla del Sol, or some other spot in this South American state, Bolivia has, undoubtedly, earned the ranking of a "hot" destination for 2019.
- Greenland: Greenland, as you might have heard, is anything but green. Nevertheless, it is extraordinarily beautiful. Greenland will give you the chance to explore a serene but icy environment. Like TravelStore Travel Expert Aimee Weinstein said, "It will be good for your soul." See more about her trip to Greenland via this link.
- Ireland: Beyond the merriment of St. Paddy's Day, Ireland is a destination that is bound to bring a smile to your face. Whether it's the streets of Dublin or the Cliffs Moher, Ireland might make you want to visit again for more. Learn more about Ireland through the eyes of TravelStore Travel Expert Tanya Bryant here.
- Portugal: Portugal conjures images of seaside beauty and pastel de nata. In terms of specific places, Porto and Lisbon may first come to mind, but the coastal country has much more to offer. Read about some of what you can visit in Portugal, including Porto and Lisbon, via this blog from Neil D., a TravelStore client.
- Morocco: "Morocco is a very colorful and rich land, with much history to absorb, the people are charming and are as layered and textured as the beautiful design of the country." That's what TravelStore Travel Expert Pam Jacobs had to say about Morocco, and we'd have to agree! This African jewel wears many hats, all of which are more than pleasing to the average world traveler. Take a peek at what else Pam experienced in this top destination for 2019 here.
- Egypt: Do you want a destination fit for a king? How about the Valley of the Kings? You can see the Pyramids of Giza, travel the Nile River, or haggle in a bazaar. Take a look at a trip in Egypt completed by TravelStore Travel Expert Nancy Decker Davidson here.
- Singapore: According to Nina Omari, a travel expert at TravelStore, "Singapore is an island country of great diversity and color. Only 278 square miles in size, Singapore is about half the size of Los Angeles." In short: great things come in small packages! For a tiny country, Singapore offers a rewarding travel experience in Asia, which you can read about at this link.
- Cambodia: Angkor Wat, Mekong Delta, and Phnom Penh. Mountains, coastline, and plains. There is much to do in the Southeast Asian country of Cambodia... and you can't have too much of a good thing! Read here about the experiences of Susanne Hamer, a travel expert at TravelStore, in Cambodia.
- Japan: Picturesque scenery, wonderful culture, and local food (did someone say tonkatsu?) put Japan on our list for destinations in 2019. Our travelers love Japan and so do we! Read about TravelStore Senior Vice President Dan Ilves' trip to Japan in his blog.
Lastly, we, at TravelStore, want to wish you an incredibly happy new year. We hope that your new year is filled with incredibly happy travels!
Contact a TravelStore expert to get your vacation in 2019 started.