Family Vacations: Atlantis Resort
An ancient civilization has risen from the sea….. Invigorate your imagination. Be inspired. Ignite your soul… this is the most lavish resort in the Caribbean. Located on Paradise Island, Bahamas near Nassau. Atlantis offers experiences to suit all ages – pools, beaches, water slides, dining, marine habitats, a casino, world-class shops and a spa!
From world-class luxury accommodations to moderately-priced comfort, Atlantis Resort gives you a range of choice that will accommodate families from 2-8 people. The Atlantis grounds have 34-acres filled with waterfalls, streams, lagoons and underwater viewing areas. 11 exhibit lagoons and 11 million gallons of water with sea turtles; stingrays and sharks. The resort claims it has the “largest marine habitat in the world”.
Kids will be especially interested in the Atlantis water slides. The steepest rides take off from a five-story Mayan Temple: a 60-ft. vertical drop ends in a clear tunnel inside a shark-filled lagoon. There’s also a pair of Challenger slides where you can race your friends. For the little ones, there are smaller slides.
Atlantis features include a giant casino, 35 restaurants, Mandara Spa, and The Dig – a maze of tunnels and chambers with ruins and underwater views of ancient Atlantis and sea creatures.
What’s special about the Atlantis Resort for families?
* Atlantis’ “waterscape” is famed and one-of-a-kind
* water fun includes the pools and water slides noted above; a rope suspension bridge; water tricycles; the quarter-mile Lazy River Ride; the Goombay Baths and Slides saltwater pools; an Adventure Water Walk with geysers and fountains.
* two kids’ pools have mini water-slides and fountains
* the beach has snorkeling, paddle- boating, kayaking, banana boats, more.
* at the Atlantis’ Discovery Channel Camp (for ages 4 to 12) kids might: explore Base Camp — a replica of a sunken Spanish Galleon– or a technology lab; arts and crafts; expeditions around the “waterscape”.
* Club Rush has a dance floor, movies, video games and is open early evening for kids 7 to 13, and later for kids 13 and up.
Whether guests choose golf and tennis, a once in a lifetime swim with dolphins or a tour through historic Nassau, there is never a loss for excitement, adventure and exploration.