Five Reasons Why We Love Turkish Airlines
Founded in 1933, Turkish Airlines is a modern airline that continues to wow us and our clients on a daily basis. With 328 aircrafts servicing 306 destinations across 124 countries, you know it means business. There’s much more than that, and we would like to share it with you:
1. Istanbul, Turkey, is an incredibly central city with regards to its place in the world. This
hub of Turkish Airlines is rich in history, having notably been the center of the long-running Byzantine and Ottoman empires. 82 destinations across 37 countries are within three hours’ journey on Turkish Airlines. That’s 27 percent of all its destinations and 30 percent of all its countries, which just goes to show how central the Turkish Airlines hub actually is.
2. There’s a new airport in Istanbul, and, when it opens in April, that will be the new Istanbul hub for Turkish Airlines. In fact, it’s expected to be the largest airport in the world, being much larger that Atlanta International Airport, London Heathrow International Airport, Beijing International Airport, and the soon-to-be-retired Istanbul Atatürk International Airport. We like shiny new things just like anybody else, so we’re particularly excited for this new airport.
3. Turkish Airlines takes the onboard experience seriously, and it can prove it. The airline was voted the best business class lounge, best business class lounge dining, and best business class onboard catering by SkyTrax in 2017. While we recommend the business class experience for Turkish Airlines, the economy class has spacious seating, over 200 movies, and award-winning menu options. No matter where you are seated on Turkish Airlines, you’re going to enjoy yourself.
4. SkyTrax also voted it as the best airline in southern Europe for the ninth year in a row and the best airline in Europe for the sixth year in a row. Yeah, you read that right. Expect an excellent product when you board Turkish Airlines, and you should feel comfortable knowing that the airline has been doing excellence for a long time.
5. You can explore Istanbul with the airline. What? How? If you’re on international flight that’s connecting in Istanbul, and your layover is six hours, 24 hours, or anything in between, you can sign up for the airline’s free Touristanbul service. A tour guide will come to you, and your tour will give you the opportunity to taste local food and see the famous sites of Istanbul.
For your next trip with Turkish Airlines or for a Turkey vacation, contact TravelStore!