Optional Private Excursions available for purchase
Avoid the crowds and hustle and bustle associated with a group activity. For a memorable trip ashore, we invite you to consider a private shore excursion. Enjoy the undivided attention of your own driver/guide and the flexibility of experiencing the aspects of the local culture that most interest you. Below are just some samples of the private shore excursions we can arrange for you. Give us a call or email us. Let us personalize your experience!
- Your full day tour begins with a traditional Javanese welcome dance, followed by a scenic 56-mile drive through the dramatic landscape of central Java, to the town of Ambarawa.
- En route, you'll travel through the Candi residential district and the highlands of the interior. Numerous volcanoes and the inspiring volcano, Mount Merapi, dot the landscape.
- Upon arriving, you'll visit the Ambarawa Railway Museum, home to locomotives dating back 150 years.
- Next on your itinerary is a drive to Borobudur Temple, a 9th-century Buddhist temple.
- After an awe-inspiring visit, you'll enjoy a delicious Javanese buffet lunch served adjacent to the temple.
- Your central Java tour concludes with a return drive to Semarang and a stop at Coffee Eva House for traditional rice cakes, banana or other seasonal fruits, and java coffee or tea.
Tour can operate: Morning
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Physical Activity Level: Moderate
- Pick up/ Drop off at Tanjung Emas Port
- Entrance Fees, English speaking guide assistance
- Soft drinks/ mineral water/ refreshments/ lunch/ snacks
- Personal expenses, telephone, laundry service, tips and gratuities, personal travel insurance
- All services which are not mentioned on the program above.