Optional Private Excursions available for purchase
Avoid the crowds and hustle and bustle associated with a group activity. For a memorable trip ashore, we invite you to consider a private shore excursion. Enjoy the undivided attention of your own driver/guide and the flexibility of experiencing the aspects of the local culture that most interest you. Below are just some samples of the private shore excursions we can arrange for you. Give us a call or email us. Let us personalize your experience!
You may also wish to visit North Terrace with its galleries, museums and hidden courtyards or be guided to the best eating and shopping areas. You can stroll through the Central Market, rich in atmosphere and fresh produce (on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays only) or experience Tandanya, Australia’s National Aboriginal Cultural Institute or the National Wine Centre.
Upon conclusion of your tour, you will be transferred back to the cruise terminal.
Tour duration: approximately 4 hours
Cost includes: touring in luxury vehicle, professional local guide, pick-up and return to the cruise ship, refreshments
Today’s tour offers an opportunity to indulge in the wines which have made Barossa Shiraz celebrated across the world.
Experience a private masterclass at a boutique winery. This is presented in a relaxed and informative environment. Guests will enjoy a platter of regional morsels to accompany and enhance these superb wines, which show the regional styles of the Barossa Valley.
A delightful two-course leisurely lunch will be served at a local restaurant, accompanied by local wines. After lunch you have a chance to enjoy a tutored tasting of Penfold’s super premium and icon wines. These may include Bin 707, Yattarna, and the iconic Penfolds Grange.
Finish the day with a visit to Maggie Beer’s café. Maggie is a local food icon and produces an exceptional range of gourmet products. Here we can also pause for afternoon tea. Stop at Mengler’s Hill for panoramic views of the Barossa Valley before returning to the cruise terminal to reboard your vessel.
Tour duration: approximately 8 hours
Cost includes: touring in luxury vehicle, professional local guide, pick-up and return to the cruise ship, lunch, wine tastings.
- A glorious garden tour at a private home in Crafers with a glass of local sparkling wine
- Wine, olive, and olive oil tasting at a local Hill’s Winery
- Enjoy a cheese tasting to learn the secrets of Australian cheese
- Lunch sampling the many delicious “fruits” of the Adelaide Hills including artisan cheeses, smoked salmon, olives, and tomatoes
- A street walk in the beautiful hills township of Hahndorf
- Finish with a visit to “Cocolat” a premium local chocolate producer
- Expert local driver/guide
- Luxury vehicle
- All entry fees
- Tasting, morning tea, lunch & glass of wine
- Visit Penfolds Nuriootpa for the “Make your own Blend” tour. Be invited into the Winemakers Laboratory to try your hand at making your own wine
- Morning Tea at Maggie Beer’s Farmshop, one of Australia’s most famous chefs
- Private Tasting at Peter Lehmann Wines, Tanunda
- Professional driver/guide
- Morning tea, lunch including a glass of wine, tastings & entrance fees