Optional Private Excursions available for purchase
Avoid the crowds and hustle and bustle associated with a group activity. For a memorable trip ashore, we invite you to consider a private shore excursion. Enjoy the undivided attention of your own driver/guide and the flexibility of experiencing the aspects of the local culture that most interest you. Below are just some samples of the private shore excursions we can arrange for you. Give us a call or email us. Let us personalize your experience!
Nagasaki is a city once highly important for international trade. During sakoku (the 1630's-1850's period where Japan closed its borders), it was the one of the only places that allowed foreign trade through the island of Dejima. Sadly, Nagasaki is also known as the second victim of the atomic bomb, and the Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Museum provide a moving insight into the experiences of all those affected. This privately guided tour will show you these essential sights of the city, and much more!
- Visit Dejima, once a man-made island, the only area where Dutch traders were allowed to live in 17th century Japan
- See Urakami Cathedral and the Atomic Bomb Museum. Learn about Nagasaki's story, and the people who were affected by the dropping of the bomb.
- Walk through Shinchi Chinatown, Japan's oldest chinatown
- Finish at Glover Garden, overlooking Nagasaki, and encompassing Kunchi Museum and Walker House.
- Be escorted by professional, registered local guides with an expert knowledge of Nagasaki
Duration: 8 hours
Tour can operate: Full day
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Physical Activity Level: Moderate
Included: Transport for the day (local transprt/taxis); privately guided tour; entrance fees; pick up and drop off at Nagasaki port (central area)
*We can also arrange a private car and driver instead of trains at a supplement.
Not included: Meals