Optional Private Excursions available for purchase
Avoid the crowds and hustle and bustle associated with a group activity. For a memorable trip ashore, we invite you to consider a private shore excursion. Enjoy the undivided attention of your own driver/guide and the flexibility of experiencing the aspects of the local culture that most interest you. Below are just some samples of the private shore excursions we can arrange for you. Give us a call or email us. Let us personalize your experience!
Guests will be met by our English speaking guide to commence the tour. Upon completion of the tour, transfer will be provided back to the ship.
We drive to the old historical village of Gastouri and we arrive at the Achilleion Palace, the former residence of Empress Elizabeth of Austria and later that of Kaiser Wilhelm the 2nd. Here we visit the museum with mementos of the two Royalties and enjoy the splendour of its landscaped gardens and the statues including the famous statue of the dying Achilles.
Continue through the coastal road of Perama to the beauty spot of Kanoni, where there will be time for drinks (upon consumption) and to photograph the famous views of Mouse Island.
From Kanoni, we continue to Corfu Town for a walking tour in the Historical centre of the fascinating old city where the following historical sights are to be seen:
- The residence of the High Commissioner, a splendid Edwardian building completed in 1824, once the sea of the Knights of Saint Michael and Saint George up to 1864 and later the Palace of the King of Greece.
- The bronze statue of the British High Commissioner, Sir Frederick Adam.
- The Venetian quarters of Cambiello and Corfu's Historical Centre.
- The Town Hall, once a Venetian theatre, built in 1690.
- The Church of Saint Spyridon, Patron Saint of Corfu with the rare icons and where the Holy body of the Saint lays in a crypt.
- There will be free time for shopping before transfer back to the Port
Duration: approx. 4 1/2 hours
It is recommended that guests wear flat, comfortable walking shoes.